Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Operation: Get Hot

So, I’ve been neglecting my blog posts the past few days. :-/
I’ve been busy with school work.  Next Tuesday is my last day of classes, so I’ve been working my butt off trying to get all of my schoolwork done.  My memo for Criminal Procedure is due on Thursday, so I worked on it all weekend.  I was a little stressed out about it because the case materials were so long and there were a million issues that could be discussed.  However, there’s only a five page limit, so I had to talk about each issue less in-depth as I’d like to.  I’m pretty much done with the assignment, but I’m going to go back and talk about the arrest and search warrants and the probable cause and unreasonableness issues with them.  That shouldn’t take too long, though, because there’s a cut and dry test for those issues.  I’ll probably work on getting it completed tomorrow morning before my Constitutional Law II class.  Either way, there's no way it can hurt my grade.  It can only help, so I guess that takes off some of the pressure, although I'd like my professor not to think I'm a moron.… *sigh* I just have to keep telling myself that it’ll all pay off in the end. 
Phil and I have chatted on Facebook every day recently.  He’s been really busy.  They finally got back to the base, but the base got hit a few nights ago, so he’s had to help with that.  I'm glad no one was injured. I've been worried about him, but what is the worst is simply missing him. It's hurts so bad without him, but I love talking to him.  Somehow, it always makes everything ok. 
He’s coming home for R & R in the beginning of February.  I’m so excited!!!  I thought it was going to be in March or April, so I’m happy I don’t have to wait that long.  However, I realized that I only have 2 and a half months to get in awesome shape for when he comes back.
Now, I’m in double panic mode.  I’ve got finals coming up, and I have to try to lose weight too.  Dieting will not be easy during the holidays, but I really want to feel good about my body when he comes back.  I want to surprise him. J   I know he’ll think I’m hot, regardless, because when we started dating, he thought I was hot, and I was eight pounds heavier than I am now.  I felt disgusting, but he still fell in love me and thought I was hot. J
I’ve lost 13 pounds already since he left in August, but I’d like to lose ten more.  I’d be happy with six or seven though (pre-law school weight).  These last ten pounds will be difficult to get off.  I can do it though.  I went running on Friday, Saturday, and on Monday, logging seven miles.  Plus, last night (Monday), I did about 200 flutter kicks. Today though, OMG!!! My abs are so sore today!  The soreness kind of snuck up on me too. This morning I woke up and went to my first class, kind of surprised that I wasn’t sore.  However, by the time my last class was over, my abs were screaming every time I moved. I guess I jinxed myself. So anyways, Operation Get Hot has officially begun: today is day 2.
 Hopefully, I’ll reach my goal with time to spare, but we all know I’m a procrastinator, so I’ll probably be sweating it out till the last few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment