Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10, 2010: A Good Day :-)

I love the days that start with a message from Phil.  It just sets up my day to be a good day.  Today was one of those days.   J
I always sleep with my phone lying on my pillow so that I will never miss a call or message from Phil; it is within arm’s reach 24/7.  I woke up this morning to the sound of a test message being sent to my phone.  It was Phil.  He’d sent me a message via Facebook, so I logged in and chatted with him for a little while.  We only talked for about 30 minutes, but it was the highlight of my day.
  We talked about how things are going there, and he said they’ve seen some action already.  He couldn’t tell me any more than that, though.  It worries me a little, but I’m not as worried about him when he’s at the base or the outposts.  I guess it’s because I know they’re ready for anything that happens.  I really just worry when they’re oscar mike (on the move; LOL!).  That’s when the worry and anxiety is the worst because that’s when he’s in the most danger. Plus, he doesn’t have access to a computer or phone to let me know he’s alright.  He’s still at the outpost now, though, so today was good.
We had really good conversation.  I talked to him about his debit card, and he told me what he wants me to do about it.  I relayed his message to his mother later, and got everything taken care of for him.  We also talked about the other wife’s comment to me yesterday.  He thought it was really rude too and told me not to worry about her.   He didn’t have time to talk much more, but hopefully we can talk tomorrow.  I love him so much. 
After I talked to him I got out of bed and got dressed.  Then, I wrote a card for him because tomorrow is Veteran’s Day.  I just want him to know how much I admire him and how proud I am of his courage and strength.  He’s a great soldier and a great man. He has a great heart.  I dropped the card off at the post office on the way to my class this afternoon. 
I don’t have class tomorrow because of Veteran’s Day, so I am taking the evening off from studying.  First, I watched “Evan Almighty,” which was an ok movie.  Now, I’m watching “Anchorman.”  It’s one of Phil’s favorite movies.  He’s always quoting lines from the movie and making me laugh.  Watching it now, makes me kind of sad, even though it’s funny. I miss him so much.   I am planning on mailing both of the movies to Phil on Friday.  He’ll like them. Hopefully tomorrow is as good as today, and I get to talk to Phil again. J

No comments:

Post a Comment