Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Long Conversation :-)

I talked to Phil for a long time today on Facebook.  J
We talked about everything from what he wants to do during his R & R to what we want for Christmas.  It was a really good conversation. 
He’s supposed to be back in February, so he should be here for Valentine’s Day.  I told him that I’d really like to go away together for a few days, alone.  I don’t want to be selfish and I’ll do whatever he wants to do, but I think it’s really important for our relationship to have some time alone together.  As much as I love his family, I don’t want to share his attention the entire time he’s home, especially since we’ll probably be staying at their house and will not have many moments alone together.  I just want it to be us for a few days, enjoying each other’s company, and doing whatever we want to do, without worrying about what anyone else wants to do or who else is around.  He said that we can do that, at least for Valentine’s Day.  I think I’ll be really disappointed if it doesn’t happen.  I hope we can get it worked out so that it does. 
We talked about Christmas too.  He said he’ll let me know what he wants/needs.  I guess it takes about a month for mail to get there normally, so I have to send his Christmas gifts at the beginning of next week, even though they still might not get there in time.  I already sent him a few things, though, so at least he’ll have those.  I told him that he better not open them until Christmas, though, because Santa will know.  He just laughed at me.  Hahaha… I’m such a nerd sometimes. 
He asked me what I want, but I really can’t think of anything.  I mean, clothes are nice.  I’m too cheap to buy my favorite Express clothes for myself.  He was funny though, because he said he finds it hard to believe that that’s all I want.  It’s funny how you want all kinds of things until someone asks what you want, and then you can’t think of anything.  Oh well… All I really want is for him to come home, safe and sound (and for us to have a little get-away during his R & R). 
He also asked about his family and how they’re doing.  I’m glad that I have such a good relationship with his family and that we talk all the time.  I think this deployment would be much more difficult on him and on the rest of us if we weren’t so close.  Every time I hear from him, I make sure to let his family know that he’s ok.  I’m so excited to go back home next week and spend time with our families for a while.  It’s definitely lonely without them.
Phil and I also talked about the other wife, the one who was so rude to me last week.  Apparently, she decided to “defriend” me on Facebook.  I’m not exactly sure why she did it.  I’ve always been encouraging and friendly to her, so I don’t know what her problem is with me.  I sent her a message, asking her why she “defriended” me, but she has yet to respond.  I guess she doesn’t understand that we’re all in this together. We don’t have to be friends, but we will still be seeing each other from time to time. It’s always good to remain on good terms in situations like this.  Oh well… Like I said before, she’s young, and maybe just doesn’t know.  Of course, I will continue to be friendly and polite whenever I see her.  I can’t control her actions or decisions, but I can control how I represent myself.  Additionally, I don’t really care whether she likes me or not; it’s really no skin off my nose.  I’m more inquisitive over what her reasons are.  It’s whatever though.  I graduated from high school seven years ago, and this is childish nonsense. 
Speaking of high school, I recently got back into contact with one of my friends from high school, who I haven’t talked to since graduation.  Her husband is in the Army as well.  He just left for a year-long tour in Iraq, helping to close down the bases there.  She has a little baby, too.  I know that must be difficult.  She’ll be going back home for the Holidays, so hopefully we can get together.
Phil said that he was finally able to set up a phone account, so hopefully he’ll call tomorrow.  He said that it won’t be active for 24 hours. I can’t wait to talk to him. J

No comments:

Post a Comment