Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finally, today :-)

Today was a good day, but yesterday was better. 
First, yesterday morning, around 5 o’clock, I chatted with Phil on Facebook.  I was happy because I hadn’t heard from him since the last message I received on Saturday morning.  He said they’d had a 36 communications blackout.  We didn’t get to talk long, but I was really glad to hear from him; I had been starting to stress out about not hearing from him.  He messaged me again later that day too, and we chatted again on Facebook.  Talking to him really made my day.  This helped me to concentrate in my classes, which is the first time since he left that I’ve been prepared and focused in my classes. 
When I got home from school, I was tired, but instead of moping around my apartment, I decided to go to the gym.  I was a bit apprehensive about going to the gym because I haven’t worked out at all since I broke my elbow a month and a half ago.  Before I broke my arm, I had been trying to lose weight, and had started jogging.  When I first began my daily jogs, I couldn’t even run an entire mile, but over the next two months, I had worked my way up to about three miles per day.  I actually jogged five miles the day I broke my arm. After not exercising for a month and a half, I was worried that I wouldn’t even be able to run a mile. 
I ran two miles.  However, I seriously thought I was going to die after just the first lap.  I made myself keep going, though.  It wasn’t the running part that was difficult, but the breathing.  Sometime during the second mile, I started getting a horrible cramp in my side, one of those cramps that feel like a knife sticking between your ribs.   I decided that I do not want to end up back in the emergency room, so I just finished up that mile and called it a night.  I would call my two miles a success, but OMG, my legs and butt are so sore today.  I guess I got a good work out, but I’m taking today off from the jogging, and will go back tomorrow. 
Today was not as good as yesterday, although still a good day.  What made today a good day was that Phil and I chatted this morning via Facebook.  We talked for a while and he seems like he’s doing well.  That makes me happy.  However, he said that his debit card is not working, and that is why he has not been able to call me.  L This made me sad, so I texted his mom, to see if she could find something out about it.  I always text her when I hear from Phil so that she knows he is ok. 
She figured out what the problem is, but it involves him not having a debit card for a while. I sent him a message to let him know, so hopefully he’ll let me know what he wants me to do. 
Another reason today was kind of bad is because one of the wives was pretty rude to me this morning.  I had posted something on my Facebook about talking to Phil twice yesterday, and she commented that she hadn’t heard from her husband in four days.  I really felt bad for her because I know that I’d be freaking out by now if I hadn’t heard from Phil in four days. When I talked to Phil this morning, I mentioned it, and he told me that her husband was just somewhere where there are no phones and that he’s ok. I relayed this message to her, thinking that she’d appreciate just knowing that he’s ok.  Instead, she responded by saying, “Thanks, but that’s my honest to God soulmate, out there in a land where the enemy has absolutely no respect for human life, so telling me not to worry is like telling the sun not to shine so much.”
Ummmmm…. Excuse me, but doesn’t she think that I feel the exact same way.  Just because Phil and I are not married yet, does not mean that I love him any less than she loves her husband, and Phil is in that same place with him.  I know she’s young, so maybe she just doesn’t understand that all of us are going through the same thing, but it makes me want to not worry about her and not let her know that her husband is ok.  That’s not the right thing to do, and I would want an update about Phil, if the situation were reversed. *Sigh*
 Hopefully, I’ll talk to Phil again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment