Thursday, January 13, 2011

Success!

School started this week, and it’s been a pretty good week, all in all.

Phil comes home in 11 days!!!  I AM SO EXCITED!!! I just cannot wait to put my arms around him again and feel his arms around me.  We’re planning on getting a cabin for a few days in the North Georgia mountains.  It’s just going to be the two of us for the first few days and then his family is going to come up for a night.  It’s going to be so nice to spend time with him alone, enjoying each other’s company.  I have missed him so much. 

I’ve been working so hard since he’s been gone.  I just wanted to make him proud and show him that I can be strong and not fall apart without him here.  He has enough to worry about there, so I need him to know that he does not need to worry about me too, that I can be the strong woman he needs.  When he left, I threw myself into school and into getting in shape.

 I finally got my grades back for last semester.  It was my best semester yet.  J  I would have liked to do better, but considering all the things I had to deal with this semester and how many classes I took (16 hours), I’m pretty proud of myself.  Saying goodbye to Phil was THE most difficult thing I’ve ever done.  It was heartbreaking to look into his eyes and kiss him goodbye, knowing that I may never have the chance to do that again.  It’s something that none of us like to think or talk about, but the reality is that when we say our goodbyes, we don’t know if we’ll ever see each other again.  After Phil left, I was an emotional wreck.  I felt like I was on the verge of tears, every second.  All I wanted to do was stay home and cry, but I couldn’t because of school.  I went to class every day and put on a happy face, even though, inside, I felt crippled.  I wanted to do well in school, though, so I bucked down and got it done.  I’m really proud of myself for that.   Additionally, I’m proud of my success with Operation: Get Hot.

When Phil left for training in August, I was the heaviest that I have been in about three years.  I gained 15 pounds the first semester of law school, so when we started dating I was feeling pretty disgusting.  That was about a year ago.  Since then, I have been battling, trying to get back to the weight that I was before law school.  I’d lose a few pounds during each semester, and then finals would come along, and I’d spend all my time studying, snacking, and not working out.  Each semester, during finals, I gained back the weight I’d lost.  Well, last semester, I broke that cycle.  When Phil left, I made the goal to lose 15- 20 pounds.  It was a huge battle for me because in September, I broke my arm and strained the ligaments in my wrist.  I couldn’t work out for almost two months.  However, in November, I got back to working out.  As of now, I have lost 14 pounds.  I started the SlimFast diet this week.  I hope I can lose a few more in the next 11 days.  I only have one pound to go to reach my pre-law school weight, but I’d like to lose a total of seven more.  The last ten pounds, vanity pounds, are supposedly the most difficult to lose, though.  Even if I don’t lose any more, I’m still proud of losing 14 pounds.  It doesn’t seem like much, but it was not easy.    I hope Phil thinks I’m HOTTT when he sees me. J

I only have 11 more days of waiting.  I hope it goes by quickly!  J 

No comments:

Post a Comment